Just In Time for the Holidays! Honey Pumpkin Biscuits with Whipped Pomegranate-Maple Butter I can’t wait to try this delicious recipe that our resident foodie Laura created for us! What about you
Honey Pumpkin Biscuits with Whipped Pomegranate-Maple Butter
Recipe developed by Laura Phann of Sun River Gardens
Makes 9 biscuits
For the biscuits:
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp sea salt (s.a.l.t. sisters Sel Gris, recommended)
2 ½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 pinch ground cloves
5 Tbsp chilled unsalted butter
⅓ cup buttermilk, plus more for brushing
¾ cup pumpkin puree
3 oz raw honey (Bee Raw Meadowfoam honey, recommended)
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a baking sheet; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Mix well and set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, pumpkin, and honey until well combined.
4. Using a pastry cutter, two knives, or your hands, cut cold butter into flour mixture until pieces of butter are no larger than pea-sized.
5. Pour pumpkin mixture over butter and flour mixture and stir quickly, using a fork, until just moistened.
6. Turn out to a lightly floured surface and knead gently and quickly a few times until the dough just holds together. It’s okay if the dough is a little rough. Don’t over-knead.
7. Gently pat the dough into a rectangle about ½ – inch thick. Sprinkle a little flour over the top and fold the dough over in half. Repeat the process once more.
8. Pat the dough into a square about 1 – inch thick. Cut the dough into 9 equal squares and place on baking sheet, 1 inch apart. Brush tops with buttermilk.
9. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool slightly.
For the pomegranate-maple butter:
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
¼ tsp sea salt (s.a.l.t. sisters sel gris, recommended)
5 Tbsp pomegranate-maple syrup, by Sonoma Syrup Co.
1 Tbsp brown sugar, optional
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until ingredients are well combined and butter is smooth and fluffy. Chill until ready to serve.
Notes: You can find Meadowfoam Honey by Bee Raw Honey.,
Sel Gris French Grey Sea Salt by s.a.l.t. Sisters + Pomegranate syprup by Sonoma Syrup Co. in the Gourmet Foods Department at Sun River Gardens.