Here’s a few tips and tricks for what to do this month in your garden!
1. WANT STELLAR ANNUALS? Provide regular watering, feeding, and deadheading to keep summer flowers coming all summer long!
2. TURN CONTAINERS: Rotate pots and hanging baskets so sunlight reaches all sides evenly. Annual flowers that aren’t blooming well despite all efforts may need to be moved to a sunnier location.
3. BLACK SPOTS ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR TOMATOES? Could mean un-even watering schedule or a calcium deficiency or both! Try deep-soaking 3 times a week in the mornings and applying a Blossom End Rot product, this can be found in Sun River Gardens Plant Remedy Section!
4. FERTILIZE, FERTILIZE, FERTILIZE! All Your Vegetables and Herbs 1 x a Week with liquid fertilizer for a big yield later this summer! Stop by to find out our favorites!
5. HEAT HAPPY PERENNIALS INCLUDE: Cone-flowers, Pincushion Flower, Yarrow, Shasta Daisies, Blanket Flower, Joe Pye Weed, Rudbeckia, Coreopsis, plus more!
6. GOT SLUGS? We’ve got bait to stop them from taking over! Find it in Sun River Gardens Plant Remedy Section!
7. WATCH YOUR WATERING: Check container plantings 2x a day when temperatures exceed 90 degrees. Water whenever the top few inches of soil dry out!
8. FOR BEST FLAVOR Harvest herbs early in the morning before the head of the day causes them to wilt.